- New Jersey Highlands Water Protection and Planning Act
NJ DEP's webpage describes in-depth the uses and applications of the 2004 Highlands Water Protection Act designed to protect drinking water and preserve open space in portions of Bergen, Hunterdon, Morris, Passaic, Somerset, Sussex, and Warren Counties (see map).
- NJ DEP Division of Land Use Regulation
The Division of Land Use Regulation has up-to-date New Jersey water laws and regulations available in pdf format.
- NJ DEP Stormwater Management Rule
Any project that proposes 0.25 acres of impervious surface and/or 1 acres of disturbance overall is considered a "major development" and falls under the jurisdiction of these New Jersey laws.
- New Jersey State Assembly Committees
Current information about the State Legislature Assembly Committees. Includes links to all bills presented before the committees and identifies the sponsers of the bills. Water legislation can be found by searching NJ State Legislature bills by committee.
- New Jersey State Senate Committees
Current information for the State Senate Committees. Water legislation can be found under the Committee on the Environment.
- Local Government Environmental Assistance Network [LGEAN]
Latest news and updates on environmental legislation of the federal government and all 50 state governments. Specific page on water news and updates.
- United States House of Representatives Committee on Energy and Commerce
Water resources are included under the Subcommittee on Energy and Environment and includes written components of committee hearings on environmental topics
- Committee on Natural Resources
Main site provides overview of the current issues in the Committee. Water related legislative issues are found in the Subcommittee on Insular Affairs, Oceans and Wildlife website and the Subcommittee on Water and Power website.
- United States Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
Subcommittee on Water and Power
- Committee on Environment and Public Works
Subcommittee on Water and Wildlife
- EPA Laws and Regulations
Laws that EPA administers, and regulatory information by environmental topic. Also includes state-specific regulatory information.
- Legislative Branch Resources on GPO Access
The U.S. Government Printing Office website provides links to Congressional Bills, the Congressional Record, Statutes at Large, the U.S. Code, Congressional and GAO Reports, and much more.
- U.S. EPA Phase II Stormwater Rule
Technical and regulatory information about the NPDES stormwater program. It is organized according to the three types of regulated stormwater discharges: construction activities, industrial activities, and municipal separate storm sewer systems (MS4s).
- International Water Law Project
An information resource for international water law and policy materials. The site includes the text of multilateral treaties, cases, soft law sources, and an extensive bibliography.